You don’t need to hire professional pest controllers for bed bug prevention at home. It’s easy to use a do-it-yourself solution with just a few simple steps.
Who needs Bed Bug Prevention?
If you’ve had a bed bug infestation in the past, or if you’re concerned about a possible infestation, it’s a good idea to adopt a bed bug prevention strategy. If you think you may be at risk of a possible infestation, a few simple precautionary steps can keep those pesky little wingless creatures away for good.
DIY Pest Control Prevention
Barrier protection is the number one way to get instant protection from bed bugs. By creating impenetrable barriers that trap and prevent bed bugs from reaching your bed, you’re ensuring that bed bugs will never be able to reach you while you sleep. If they can’t feed, they won’t be able to breed – so you can sleep easy knowing you’ll be safe.
Bed Bug Killer is a powder that you can dust inside the barriers you create as part of your prevention strategy. It’s a long-lasting, natural and eco-friendly solution that kills any bed bugs it comes into contact with. You can also dust the powder on furniture and nearby items that bed bugs could nest in.
Other preventative steps include:
- Keep clean sleeping quarters at home, wash your sheets often and vacuum regularly
- Examine any suitcases that you have taken on holidays for signs of bed bugs before you bring them inside
- When travelling, study your hotel bed for bed bugs before you settle in
Advantages of DIY preventative pest control for bed bugs
- Save money – pest controllers and exterminators can be expensive and they often need to return to your home several times. DIY treatments are cheaper because you’re not paying for the associated labour costs.
- No harsh chemicals – natural DIY solutions for treating bed bugs, like Bed Bug Killer, mean your family isn’t exposed to pesticides and other common toxic chemical solutions used by pest controllers.
- Minimal disruption – rather than booking an appointment subject to availability, you can perform the treatment at a time that’s convenient for your whole family.