Discover how and why the beach leads us to the most effective method to completely get rid of bed bugs and prevent future infestations using Bed Bug Killer Powder 200g.
The beach. Warm sun, crystal clear water, relaxed looking people lounging around on the soft sand – and … bed bug killer powder 200g.
Most of us wouldn’t think to associate products that kill nasty critters like bed bugs with beautiful beaches. That’s because insecticides are poisonous, toxic and harmful to humans as well as insects – whereas the beach is anything but.
But the number one non-toxic and poison-free solution for getting rid of bed bugs is “DE” or Silica which is the same chemical element as sand! But there is a difference, DE is super fine prehistoric fossils in the shape of marine phytoplankton. That’s right: it’s as natural as the sand beneath your toes. And, it’s the most effective way to get rid of your bed bugs, once and for all.
DE: Bed Bug Killer powder
DE is short for “Diatomaceous Earth”. It’s a natural and non-toxic substance made from “diatoms” which are fossilised remains of marine phytoplankton. It is comprised of silica – a naturally-occurring mineral which can be found everywhere: the sand at the beach, the dirt beneath the grass, and even in the air.
DE is such a fine powder that it absorbs moisture and kills all insects, including bed bugs 100% of the time.
Our Bed Bug Killer powder is made of DE, so it’s the perfect option if you’re looking for a way to get rid of bed bugs without hazardous chemical exposure or expensive pest controllers.
How our powder works to kill bed bugs
Bed bugs have an exoskeleton – an outer shell that is “waxy”. This shell covers the bodies and breathing surfaces of the bed bugs.
Under a microscope, the powder appears like shards of glass. When it is sprinkled on bed bugs, it penetrates and punctures their waxy coating, drying out and dehydrating the bugs, causing them to die.
Is it safe?
Our powder is completely non-toxic. It is mechanical, and this means that bed bugs can’t develop an immunity to it in the same way they can with other poisonous bed bug pesticides and sprays.
Also, as Bed Bug Killer powder contains no detectable crystalline silica, so there are no dangers with having it in and around your sleeping area. It’s safe for animals so you don’t have to worry about exposing your pets to toxic chemicals, either.
How effective is Bed Bug Killer for getting rid of bed bugs?
It is 100% effective. In fact, Bed Bug Killer is the only registered product in Australia that kills bed bugs long term without poisons.
Other benefits of Bed Bug Killer
- Ongoing protection for years – Bed Bug Killer Powder 200g lasts for years and provides ongoing protection against future bed bug infestations
- Proactive or reactive application – fight bed bugs or use the powder as a preventative measure in conjunction with our other products such as our Bed Bug Barriers and Mattress Protectors
- Easy to apply – no need to hire expensive pest controllers or fiddle around with dangerous chemical treatments. Our Bed Bug Killer is completely easy to install and anyone can do it
- Odourless – you won’t even know it’s there as there are no odours lingering after application
- 2 hour room downtime – if you’re running a hotel of bed and breakfast and need to treat your bed bugs, you won’t need to close for weeks upon end like you would if you used a pest controller
- Scenically tested and APMVA registered – so you know you’re using a reliable, quality and effective product