You don’t need to hire professional pest controllers to prevent a bed bug infestation at home. It’s easy to use a do-it-yourself solution with just a few simple steps for bed bug prevention.
If you want to prevent a bed bug infestation at home, you don’t need to call in an expensive pest controller or an exterminator – it’s easy, simple and effective to adopt a do-it-yourself pest control preventative strategy.
Who needs a bed bug prevention strategy?
If you’ve had a bed bug infestation in the past (and you remember how frustrating the bugs were to get rid of), or if you’re concerned about a possible infestation (because you have a lot of guests staying with you or if you travel a lot, for example), it’s a good idea to adopt a pest control preventative strategy.
If you think you may be at risk of a possible infestation, a few simple precautionary steps can keep those pesky little wingless creatures away for good, so they never even get the opportunity to nest in your sleeping areas.
DIY pest control prevention
Barrier protection is the number one way to get instant protection from bed bugs. By creating impenetrable barriers that trap and prevent bed bugs from reaching your mattress, base and surrounding walls and furniture next to your bed, you’re ensuring that bed bugs will never be able to reach you while you sleep. If they can’t feed, they won’t be able to breed – so you can sleep easy knowing you’ll be safe.
Bed Bug Killer is a powder that you can dust inside the barriers you create as part of your prevention strategy. It’s a long-lasting, natural and eco-friendly solution that kills any bed bugs it comes into contact with. You can also dust the powder on furniture and nearby items that bed bugs could nest in.
Other preventative steps include:
- Keep clean sleeping quarters at home, wash your sheets often and vacuum regularly
- Examine any suitcases that you have taken on holidays for signs of bed bugs before you bring them inside
- When travelling, study your hotel bed for bed bugs before you settle in
Advantages of DIY preventative pest control for bed bugs
- Save money – pest controllers and exterminators can be expensive and they often need to return to your home several times. DIY treatments are cheaper because you’re not paying for the associated labour costs.
- No harsh chemicals – natural DIY solutions for treating bed bugs, like Bed Bug Killer, mean your family aren’t exposed to pesticides and other common toxic chemical solutions used by pest controllers.
- Minimal disruption – rather than booking an appointment subject to availability, you can perform the treatment at a time that’s convenient for your whole family.
DIY treatment options for bed bug infestations
Have a bed bug infestation already? Read more about how getting rid of bed bugs at home is as easy as making the bed and learn how to completely remove bed bugs and prevent them from reappearing.