Welcome to our eco friendly, bed bug monitoring, prevention and control website.
I became involved with bed bugs six years ago whilst renting out a few apartments to travelers. I never knew what a bed bug was until one day a tenant came to me covered in bites. I was horrified to realize that these little blood sucking bed bugs were attacking my guests. At this point I did not realize that they were here to stay and were going to be a nightmare to deal with! I used all sorts of toxic sprays but nothing was killing the eggs, then fortunately two years ago I can across bed bug proof mattress protectors. I didn’t need to spay the mattresses again. It was the perfect solution; trapping the infestations inside the mattresses and keeping new infestations off the mattresses. I was so impressed I became an Australian distributor.
Our mattress protectors are recommended in The Code of Practice for the control of Bed Bug infestations in Australia, 3rd Edition Draft, July 2009. Earlier this year (2009) a hotel in Sydney rang to say that they loved the protectors but unfortunately the bed bugs were in the carpet and they were coming out at night, crawling up the bed legs and biting the guests. That’s when I decided to invent the Bed Bug Barrier for bed legs.
We are determined to provide eco friendly, safe, effective and long lasting protection against bed bugs. We specialise in providing these product to hoteliers, who suffer the greatest impact from bed bug infestations. These products including the original Bed Bug Barrier and Mattress Protectors; they are designed to provide long-term protection and are a must to have in any monitoring and prevention program.
Bed bug barrier aims to;
- Provide multiple eco friendly options to provide bed bug free environments.
- Provide education about the seriousness of the global bed bug problem.
- Lower the cost of bed bug treatments.
- Ensure that products work and fit within our customer’s overall pest management program.
- Train and give back more control to customers. (proactive not reactive)
- Help our customers avoid litigation.
- Ensure our customers maintain their good reputations and relationships.
- Encourage government agencies, pest control companies, etc. to get involved with funding and to provide adequate awareness and implement eco friendly solutions.
Contact us or visit one of our dealers to see how we deliver on our goals.